Thursday, December 6, 2012

Comfort in the Uncomfortable Circumstance



"The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the Lord tests hearts." [Proverbs 17:3 ESV]

"And I will put this third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon my name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'They are my people'; and they will say, 'The Lord is my God.'" [Zechariah 13:9]

Greetings One & All,

It has been awhile since I posted a key for Jasmin's Praying a Walking in the Spirit. As most of you know I never write here unless under the unction  or influence of the Holy Spirit. I have been supping with the Father, feasting on His Daily Bread (the Word of God), studying (implementing the supplement in my daily walk of life) and recieving new keys for walking in the Will of God. I am humbled and honor to share some with you now.

You will note a few slight changes to the format of Jasmin's Praying and Walking in the Spirit-nothing major but nonetheless changed. 

Jasmin's Testimony

I last posted exactly seven months ago on May 6, 2012.  Since that time I have experienced a number of battles, hardships; well in a nutshell the issues of life. All in all during the past seven months I arrived at the conclusion, I have the capacity to get comfort in the uncomfortable circumstances or places in my life. I discovered a new key for praying and walking in the spirit. Knowing. Knowing is such a powerful key but it also a very difficult key to obtain. In order to obtain the key of knowing you must become proficient in not knowing. 

There came a time in Apostle Paul's life, despite being a highly educated man,  he started testifying that he decided he know nothing expect Jesus Christ crucified. "For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified." [1 Corinthians 2:2 NIV] I am admittedly am nearly at that place. I say nearly at that place of resolve to know nothing because I am truly a control freak.  All my life has been about acquiring knowledge--knowing. I needed to know the how, what, where, when & most definitely WHY.  I know no one else is as bad as I in this control thing.

I am a witness and testify that God will take one to place of knowing nothing but Jesus Christ and him crucified. On the journey to that place despite have multiple degrees, having obtained accolades of friends and foes; much acclaim one will resolve to know nothing except Jesus Christ and him crucified. The roads to such resolve came to me under heavy burdens--I had to give them all to Father. At the place of departure I did not have any insights of the delays, detours or deadends that would be encountered along the route to my destination. There were many miles between my wrong turns, missed signs and overshot exits. I cannot tell you of all the U-turns I had to make or how long before I would inevitably need to make that 180 degree turn back to this missed point. Along the journey I discovered in spite of the mishaps my destination is sure--as it was God who started on my way.  I gather my wits and take comfort in the uncomfortable circumstances as I journey as I have given the steering wheel into God able hands.

Jasmin's Prayer

Father I enter your courts with praise and thanksgiving.  You Are the light of my Life, my strength and redeemer. My whole being makes a boast in you. You are worthy to be Adored and Lifted UP!

Father you are most loving and kind. Your Justice and Mercy is not as mine nor as any man or woman I know. I am comfortable with YOU driving and I am sorry (most regretful) that I took so long to give YOU the wheel. I know You want the best for me and I have to admit I don't know what that is or even when I will obtain the best that You have planned to give me --I simply  know now that everything you have for me will be mine.

It has taken much time  for me to resolve  to know nothing except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I want to see where I am going, to know what I am doing and how it going to get done at all times, that is just me being real with you, Father. But is also real for me to say, 'I love You and also love the truth'. The Truth is what Your Word says: " No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." [1 Corinthians 2:9 NIV]. I am further resolved to know "that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purspose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the first born among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; tos he justified, he also glorified. [Romans 8:28-30 NIV] I am resolved to the know the Truth that there is nothing I, anyone or anything can do to stop this love affair we have going on "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in christ Jesus our Lord." [Romans 8:30-37 NIV] Amen.



KEY FOR WALKING IN THE SPIRIT



"The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the Lord tests hearts." [Proverbs 17:3 ESV]

"And I will put this third into the fire, and refine them as one refines silver, and test them as gold is tested. They will call upon my name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'They are my people'; and they will say, 'The Lord is my God.'" [Zechariah 13:9 ESV]

It is not wise, prudent or intelligent to be at odds with the process of life. You are not born into this world with knowledge to life as God intended you to. We are born in sin & shaped in inquity. That is the truth. Jesus left his position in Heaven and came here just like us but choice to sin not. He did what the Father asked him to do by Choice. He gave up his will to do the will of Him who sent and sit him on the path. Jesus said to his disciples, "Things that cause people to sin are bound to come, but woe to that person through whom they come." [Luke 17:1] The mere reality of walking out our journey to the road to living life the way God originally planned is a battlefield. Look at what Jesus said carefully--'things that cause people to sin are bound to come.' Sin to be clear is anything that is disobeys God's instructions for His people. As you continue reading Luke 17 you see Jesus transparency and insightful telling us messing up is part of the journey but so is forgiveness, faith ('as small as a mustard seed') and the expectancy to carry out God's assigned tasks. (Take time and read it for yourself ). 

Let me address the scriptures I openned with that reference silver & gold. Do your own research on silver and gold. Please comment here & let me what you find. These precious metals have to be processed. They must go through their processes in order to achieve value or worth. What of you?  As you go through your processes that are uncomfortable, do not think it strange or attribute your refining process (that is from God's point of view) meant to give you valuation.  There is comfort in the uncomfortable circumstances to know nothing at all except Jesus Christ and him crucified. Think of Jesus' walk, ministry and reign. It was not easy but it also was not with cost. There came a point Jesus couldn't see going through but evenso, though he didn't see how he gave in and way to WHO. He put his trust in the Father's capable hand to do it for him and the rest has given us all access to abundant and eternal life.

What good would it be for obedience to exist if there was no disobedience. Remember God put all the trees in Garden of Eden but He gave man the choice. Jesus despite what you have learned also had a choice. He faced them all the time but he loved and obey the Father who sent him to die. Jesus laid it on the line and allows us to get a clear example that it is a choice to do the will of the Father, which is to love & obey Him.

What is baffling to me is that we are willing to spend so much time & energy in gathering knowledge to achieve results that equate us with the creation but not so much with the Creator. Honestly speaking from your own prospective--what has that yielded for you?  Jesus did many unheard of signs & wonders without exerting any effort. Water-turned to wine; a few loaves of bread & fishes feed thousands; demons fled; dead people rose...fig trees died. Today's we struggle with paying bills, fighting diseases, depression (emotional and economic) despite being highly educated, capable and intelligent. 

Allow me to give  you this invaluable tip--forget about it. God knows all about every uncomfortable circumstance you face, but take comfort in knowing you will be refined through whatever it is and you shall come out as gold. 

Send me your prayer requests. Let me come in agree with you. I take comfort in knowing in all things God is working it out for you.

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding, I was reading Proverbs and 1 Corinthians just this morning....I just love you so much...Jasmin, I need you to pray that I remain still and let God lead the way. I feel him Jasmin. More now than ever before...

    ReplyDelete