Saturday, December 22, 2012

Judges 13-16 You need your vision but don't it won't work by by sight

Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord, so the Lord delivered them into the hands of the Philistines for forty years.   A certain man of Zorah, named Manoah, from the clan of the Danites, had a wife who was childless, unable to give birth.
The angel of the Lord appeared to her and said, “You are barren and childless, but you are going to become pregnant and give birth to a son. Now see to it that you drink no wine or other fermented drink and that you do not eat anything unclean. You will become pregnant and have a son whose head is never to be touched by a razor because the boy is to be a Nazirite, dedicated to God from the womb. He will take the lead in delivering Israel from the hands of the Philistines.” (Judges 13:1-5 NIV)

When the people saw him, they praised their god, saying, “Our god has delivered our enemy into our hands, the one who laid waste our land and multiplied our slain.” (Judges 16:24 NIV)

Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.”  Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other,  Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived. (Judges 16:28 NIV)

Jasmin's Testimony

Greetings All,
Looking back over 2012 and reviewing everything that has gone done in my life I  give God praise. I have to worship God for still being able to stand. I went through things in a 12 month period that would have taken most people out and it should have me but God.
My confession is still "No Lack, No Worries & NO LIMITS!!!" Yeah, I know that is a bold declaration but it is mine. It has been that kind of season in that everywhere I turned doors closed, things withered and died but I still said, Hallelujah. As many believed the Mayan prediction and anticipated the end of the world; I stood firm in my belief "it really didn't matter for neither life nor death will separate me from the Love of God.
I learned so much about me. I discovered a few things about Jasmin one of which is my strength comes from the Lord. There is no other logical explaination as to why I am still here if not for Lord. My plans, devises and schemes have no purpose outside of what He has predestined for me--my life. Everything, literally all else has no merit nor bearing on what God's plan for me is.



Jasmin's Prayer

Father I enter your courts with praise and thanksgiving.  You Are the light of my Life, my strength and redeemer. My whole being makes a boast in you. You are worthy to be Adored and Lifted UP!
In my times of distress, sorrow, anguish, and despair My God, My Father, you have been right there. You saw my every tears, witnessed my deepest pain and though you were saw and were touched you were not moved. I cried and you heard me when my circumstances threaten still to crush me. You stepped in the nick of time and saved me from going completely under. I learned to wait on YOU, trust YOU and not TO lean on anyone not even my own understanding. It was in the darkness hour that I received my vision, and I realized that my strength comes from you & YOU alone; I discoverED my vision can't be obtained by my sight but comes from YOU and everything you have already spoken about me.

I pray now, that your chosen and called come to the knowledge YOUR Will will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Help them connect with their whole hearts to the divine vision you placed in each of us before we were shaped in our mother's womb. Allow them to realize as You caused me to know that no weapon formed against them shall prosper & no matter what they see before them has no bearing or merit on What YOU have spoken about them. For YOUR Word shall not return to You void but accomplish EXACTLY what You Sent it to DO.

KEY FOR WALKING IN THE SPIRIT
 
 
 
Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord, so the Lord delivered them into the hands of the Philistines for forty years.   A certain man of Zorah, named Manoah, from the clan of the Danites, had a wife who was childless, unable to give birth.
The angel of the Lord appeared to her and said, “You are barren and childless, but you are going to become pregnant and give birth to a son. Now see to it that you drink no wine or other fermented drink and that you do not eat anything unclean. You will become pregnant and have a son whose head is never to be touched by a razor because the boy is to be a Nazirite, dedicated to God from the womb. He will take the lead in delivering Israel from the hands of the Philistines.” (Judges 13:1-5 NIV)

When the people saw him, they praised their god, saying, “Our god has delivered our enemy into our hands, the one who laid waste our land and multiplied our slain.” (Judges 16:24 NIV)

Then Samson prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for my two eyes.”  Then Samson reached toward the two central pillars on which the temple stood. Bracing himself against them, his right hand on the one and his left hand on the other,  Samson said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then he pushed with all his might, and down came the temple on the rulers and all the people in it. Thus he killed many more when he died than while he lived. (Judges 16:28 NIV)


If someone were to write your life story what would it say? Would you find it hard to believe that it ended up just they way it was supposed to? Some might find it really difficult to believe their life was anything other than a total disaster. Look at Samson's story. many might interpet his life as a great disappointment. Few would find it hard to believe his temperment, disposition and pinchot for the wrong company would have been just what would bring victory to a nation and glorify God.

I am sure you like me have had your share of epic disasters and failings happen in your lifetime. Each time you fell short there was somebody watching and surmising that you messed with God. Your family, friends and even your enemies often make judgements about your life and how you are living that have no merit or bearing on the Word that God spoke before He formed you in your mother's womb.  You nor anyone else on this earth have any idea that the things you go through are being worked out by God for your good and purpose just as He plan. Even the terrible things that cause pain and disappointment in our live work according to the purpose and plan of God. Okay, you don't believe me. Just think of Jesus. God didn't spare His Only Begotten Son. Think about that.

Back to Samson. Samson came into existence from a barren womb. His coming was no accident; it is the exact opposite--it is the PLAN OF GOD.  God had delivered the Israelites into the hands of the Philistines because they did evil in His sight. You will notice God sight is not the same as His vision. God saw before Him the evil they did, delivered they into the hands of their enemy but prepared a barren womb to receive a deliverer. It would not be the first time or the last that He would do such a thing to direct purpose of His Vision. We are God's people and He is our God. He so loves us that He sent His only begotten Son so we can have life more abdundant and have it everlasting.

As you read the story of Samson, understand his lineage and legacy know that what happened in between is not so significant in the entire matter. God's Plan, Will and Purpose for Samson's life is manifested. Despite the wrong turns, the mishaps and ill-fated situations even his own demise, God's Plan, Will and Purpose is achieved.

You and I may stumble and bumble along this journey called life but evenso you nor I can thwarted God's Plan, Will and Purpose for our lives. You may not see your life shaping up the way you want, especially with all hell breaking lose around you; let me tell you don't be discouraged by your sight (what you see). Your sight is not your vision. You can lose the ability to see but never lose your vision. Fight like hell to keep your vision. Make sure your vision aligns itself with God's vision of you. You can find out what God's vision of you is by reading His Word about you. For example you God vision of you goes a little like this...

  • You are the head not the tail; above not beneath
  • You are bless going in and coming out
  • You are healed
  • You are fully redeemed
  • You are more than a conqueror
  • You are the righteousness of God, and shall not beg bread
You get the picture but get into God's Word for yourself and allow the Word & Truth to be your guiding light. Don't look at the highs and lows or the missteps in you or anyone else's life as failing but view them as the carrots that strengthen your God vision and God's vision of you. Though Samson lost his eyesight (he was blinded by those around him, what they did & said, and what he saw) he did greater works and brought the greatest deliverance because in the end he called forth His Vision.

 Here is the Key: "You need your vision but don't it won't work by by sight."

No comments:

Post a Comment