Here in this blog, Jasmin's Praying and Walking in the Spirit, I don't want to be just blogging, writing and speaking willy nilly. If God's not speaking than I really have nothing to say here. I have others blogs where I express myself on a variety of intellectual levels. The previous blog post I spoke regarding Matthew 5:13-16 as Jesus told us we are the salt and the light. But, do we know why he said it and what it means? Today's walking in the spirit key is "Be Salted." Let me explain how to be salted and why we who follow Christ need to do this.
- needed mineral,
- essential element of diet (human, animal and plants),
- it is the most effective and widely used (food) preservative [even used in Egyptian mummy preserving],
- it used industrially, and medicinally, it is a taste enhancer,
- it is used as a symbol of wisdom and knowledge in many cultures,
- salt was used as a currency in many cultures (Ezra 4:14),
- salt was used in sacrifices (Leviticus 2:13)
- Salt spiritually represents an unbreakable bond between us and God.
2 Chronicles 13:5 reads: "Don’t you know that the LORD, the God of Israel, has given the kingship of Israel to David and his descendants forever by a covenant of salt?"
Salt cannot be ingest alone. You cannot eat salt without measure. If you use too little, it has no effect. Likewise if you use too much it is useless. As we are the salt of the earth it is important to know how much we need to use. It is also vitally important we know where to use it. Salt is not meant for everything. In some instances salt brings about desolation and barrenness.
Ezekiel 47:3-12 reads: