Monday, December 10, 2012

2 Kings 2 -2 Kings 8 Will You Find Favor in the Lord's Famine


" When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?” “Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied. “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.” [2 King 2:9-10 NIV]

"She went and told the man of God, and he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left.” [2 Kings 4:7 NIV]

"The officer had said to the man of God, “Look, even if the Lord should open the floodgates of the heavens, could this happen?” The man of God had replied, “You will see it with your own eyes, but you will not eat any of it!”  And that is exactly what happened to him, for the people trampled him in the gateway, and he died." [2 Kings 7:19-20 NIV]

"Just as Gehazi was telling the king how Elisha had restored the dead to life, the woman whose son Elisha had brought back to life came to appeal to the king for her house and land. Gehazi said, “This is the woman, my lord the king, and this is her son whom Elisha restored to life.” The king asked the woman about it, and she told him. Then he assigned an official to her case and said to him, “Give back everything that belonged to her, including all the income from her land from the day she left the country until now.” [2 Kings 8:5-6 NIV]

Jasmin's Testimony

Greetings All,

I am so excited about everything that God is doing and is going to do for you. It is great to be alive. This morning I rose early just before 3 a.m. and I was taking in some valuable pearls of wisdom from LaShanda Henry's SistaSense Power Circle Video Chat. Then I started tooling around the web looking for job opportunities. I was struck but not surprised by what I saw on some the temp agencies websites. The job listings with a few of the more prominent temporary agencies were merger. I am looking for a job; not neccessarily a long term commitment and I am finding not only has the job market changed so has the job search. In times past hunting and securing a job was not an issue for me--normally I got something fairly quick. I admittedly felt a pang of disappointment with my a.m. job prospecting.

The truth of the matter is my wee hour morning activity was shaping up into this awesome blog post. As I said, I was enjoying and basking in the pearls of wisdom from LaShanda Henry's SistaSense Power Circle Video, LaShanda, Carol and Yalanda were very candid in sharing on the topic--Stop It! Small Business Killers and How to Avoid Them. (FYI: You can search YouTube for this video and more from LaShanda Henry--you won't be sorry). The key thing was I was operating in two completely different mindsets. Something  was brewing in the spirit realm it was no happenstance, me job search, gleaning business ownership tips and observing the rough economy of today--it all served to bring me divine revelation. When I hit my morning hour for Bible study, worship and prayer, the Holy Spirit tuned me into 2 Kings chapters 3-8. After a short while I got some revelations and of course a key.

I and my prayer partner Phyllis are in the habit of gleaning and reaping from God's Word. This such a dynamic time in our day that many will miss out the dynamics of the times we are in due to wrong thinking, diverted visions and ungrateful hearts, as was the case with many I found in the study. I am known to say "Favor ain't fair" very often. I discovered God's favor is not fair. You cannot trace it really. Better said, you cannot look at someone's life and pinpoint why God is favoring them or how God will choose to give them His favor. The old folks testimony is "You don't know like I KNOW; what the LORD has done for me!!!" And, you don't.

Despite, everything that I am going through, I have got a right to praise HIM. The truth of the matter is in spite of it all, I have God's favor and that all matters. I feel like the Widow with oil and Shunammite Woman blessed and highly favored. After reading through the scriptures and receiving a Word of Knowledge. I clearly have to acknowledge, it is well.


Jasmin's Prayer

Father I enter your courts with praise and thanksgiving.  You Are the light of my Life, my strength and redeemer. My whole being makes a boast in you. You are worthy to be Adored and Lifted UP!
 
Heavenly Father open the eyes of your people and show them there is more with us than with them. Like Widow with the oil and Shunammite Woman they are blessed and highly favored. Despite anything they may be facing right now, help them face it with You and your favor. Let them know that they must be ever ready to expect You to cause them to have leftovers in the famine that you declared. Let them see everything returned to them including the residuals like Shunammite Woman. Help us to avoid attitudes like Naaman, and Gehazi which will only serve to get us twisted up in some stinking thinking. Don't let us become paralyzed by fear of moving out in faith because we are fearful of what may be ahead.
 
You are cleansing and purifying in this season of famine. And evenso, we like the lepers can walk by faith and receive Your favor in your Declare Famine. For that we sing praises and shout Glory.
 
 
KEY FOR WALKING IN THE SPIRIT
 
 

" When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?” “Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied. “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.” [2 King 2:9-10 NIV]

"She went and told the man of God, and he said, “Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left.” [2 Kings 4:7 NIV]

"The officer had said to the man of God, “Look, even if the Lord should open the floodgates of the heavens, could this happen?” The man of God had replied, “You will see it with your own eyes, but you will not eat any of it!”  And that is exactly what happened to him, for the people trampled him in the gateway, and he died." [2 Kings 7:19-20 NIV]

"Just as Gehazi was telling the king how Elisha had restored the dead to life, the woman whose son Elisha had brought back to life came to appeal to the king for her house and land. Gehazi said, “This is the woman, my lord the king, and this is her son whom Elisha restored to life.” The king asked the woman about it, and she told him. Then he assigned an official to her case and said to him, “Give back everything that belonged to her, including all the income from her land from the day she left the country until now.” [2 Kings 8:5-6 NIV]

 
The amazing thing about 2 Kings chapter 2-8 is the people. In that day they were living in some rough times. There were all types of mindsets very much like today. Some humble, some haughty, and some hazardous but God was in the midst of them all and doing great things however, not all were positioned to receive. God declared a famine in that day in the land (much like now). They like us now apparently were experiencing a very spiritual purging but really did not have an understanding that God sent the tough times purge them. (Look at 2 Kings 7) The mindset of the officer was so far removed from the prophet Elisha that it caused his death.

Let me say, now is not the time to be doubtful, fearful, uncertain, arrogrant, naive or foolish. The widow cried out to God and found the man of God for her case (debt) and because she did everything she was instructed to do she obtained more than enough in a time of need and destitution.  The Shunammite Woman, a wealthy woman, was not spared because of her wealth, but rather her wisdom in perceiving and receiving the Man of God. Her astounding heart to serve propelled her to safety and divine restitution of all and even more than she had.

It is wise not get into a mindset that puffs you up and causes you to believe you have entitlements to anything as in the case of Naaman and Gehazi. You cannot afford to have that "I am going get mine" attitude nor should you think you are above dipping in certain waters as Naaman did, that attitude nearly cost him his complete healing. 

I will point to 2 Kings 2- Elisha would not leave Elijah side, though the company of prophet continually questioned why he continued on the journey, knowing the Master Prophet would be soon dead. Elisha said, he would not leave Elijah side as long as God and Elijah lived. He essentially told the company of prophets to shut up about it too. You cannot afford to let situations, circumstances or people change your mind about your place in God. Shut them the up and stay right there (wherever there maybe for you). For me it is right here. Because like the Widow with debt and a small amount of oil God will pour out into your situations more than enough and give leftovers. Or should the Lord move you to place of safety to spare you and yours; He will hold, reserve and keep all that is yours to restore it all back to you with residuals. HE IS A MIGHTY GOD. Get in position for His favor to find you.

Hopefully, as you read 2 Kings 2-8 you to will see and receive the key:

Be positioned for God's Favor to Find YOU.

You can find God's Favor in the Lord's Famine, but will you? It is a choice to position yourself in such a way that God's favor finds you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment