Sunday, January 8, 2012

Matthew 26:41 Watch and Pray

Prayer for Today
Father, I worship you and give YOUR Name the praise. For you alone are worthy of all the praise. I invite you to step in this place and take control. I submit to Your will, Your Word and Way. Holy Spirit direct my steps and guide me on my way. What is it that I can do for You, the Body of Christ and the Kingdom today.

Father, I pray  not for only a praying spirit but also a watchful eye. Help us to be wise in offering our intercessions, supplications and requests to YOU in pray. Guide your people with thine eye that we may be ready  watchmen on the wall. 


There is no doubt in my mind that Ted Williams is blessed and highly favored. I do know the children of the Most High God are in the greatest transition and turn around the world has ever seen but I am more concerned that many are unaware there is a transitioning taking place.  

Ted Williams is among millions of talented, articulate and intelligent homeless men and women in America. Please keep (Sidebar:Ted surrounded with prayers).  They like Ted deserve another chance or simply a chance. The world took note of Mr. Williams because of media coverage. Yet, I cannot help but wonder at the rapid ascension that immediately took place. This struck me as very odd, so odd in fact that I compared it to "Wag the Dog."  If you don't know what I reference please Google the term and movie "Wag the Dog" for clarity. 

We are in an election year and the Republican Party Nominees are liken to a pool of fool. Their blatant arrogance and downside racist remarks have set millions nationally and internationally at arms. I will never believe this group of nominees were ever serious contenders for the United States of American Presidency--and I do mean ever. I consider them a distraction for the masses. 

Finally, a question are the troops coming home or not? Am I the only one that remembers how long the US military has been in the Middle East conflict?




We really must become the watchmen on the wall, cry out, wail and mourn. The adversary is seeking whoever he can devour. It is not a time to sleep or slumber.

Today's Scripture Reading: Matthew 26: 39- 56

39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”
 40 Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping.“Couldn’t you men keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked Peter. 41 “Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
 42 He went away a second time and prayed, “My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done.”

 43 When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy. 44 So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.
 45 Then he returned to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour has come, and the Son of Man is delivered into the hands of sinners. 46 Rise! Let us go! Here comes my betrayer!”
Jesus Arrested
 47 While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people. 48 Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: “The one I kiss is the man; arrest him.”49 Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, “Greetings, Rabbi!” and kissed him.

 50 Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.”
   Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him. 51With that, one of Jesus’ companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.
   52 “Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53 Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54 But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”
 55 In that hour Jesus said to the crowd, “Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come out with swords and clubs to capture me? Every day I sat in the temple courts teaching, and you did not arrest me. 56But this has all taken place that the writings of the prophets might be fulfilled.” Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.

No comments:

Post a Comment