Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Philippians 3:13 Forget ABOUT it!!!

Prayer for Today
Father, I worship you and give YOUR Name the praise. For you alone are worthy of all the praise. I invite you to step in this place and take control. I submit to Your will, Your Word and Way. Holy Spirit direct my steps and guide me on my way. What is it that I can do for You, the Body of Christ and the Kingdom today.

Father, I pray today, "MORE OF YOU and less of me." I forget about everything behind me and press in toward the goal in Christ Jesus. All things that I once perceived as gain, I see them as loss. For to die is to live; loss is to prosper and to become none (nothing) is to look to the ONE (Heavenly Father). I submit wholeheartedly to Your hand, giving you all of me for your Glory and use. In this season, all I want is MORE OF YOU and less of me.

Today's Key to Walking in the Spirit

Forget about it. By it, I mean everything that you learned in the earthly (physical realm). The plain truth is we had not gone the way of the spirit. Therefore, we don't comprehend the things of the spirit. We have not embraced the truth--we are spiritual beings having a human experience not human beings experiencing spiritual experiences.  A mass confusion that has beset us. WE must, individually and collectively except the truth. WE need to forget (everything) we learned and study how to activate and live unto God. Until comprehend and apprehend this principle we will remain separated from HIM.

Thought for Today

Today is December 28, 2011, 3:25 a.m. and I am wide awake. These days I awake 2:00 a.m. I find that I am mediating on the Word of God day and night (Joshua 1:8 and Psalm 1:2). It is not intentional, but rather like recalling (remembering). It is as if, in my unconscious state, I have had an outer body experience and have been transplanted in another dimension. I am able to comprehend who I truly am in that dimension. I am awaken with the knowledge, wisdom and understanding that there is an increase coming as I decrease.  If you are confused don't worry just step over in here in the spirit with me and then you will comprehend. 

Let me use an ABC television series to demonstrate what I mean. The series is entitled, "Once Upon a Time." In it all the characters are familiar to us because they are from the fairy tales we read as kids. The shows' writers depict the familiar fairy tale characters with a deeper, darker and more prolific story line. Their lives are all intertwined. However, their "storybook happy endings" are undone by The Evil Queen and her cohort Rumpelstiltskin. The Evil Queen and Rumpelstiltskin use evil magic to transplanted all to the fairy tale characters to another dimension, a place called Storybrooke, in modern time. In the modern day dimension, no one except the evil queen and Rumpelstiltskin know the truth. Every person living Storybrooke has forgotten their true identity, where they originated from, who they are connected to, how they come to be there, and why they are there. They are all unaware Storybrooke is not their real home. Yet there they are living the lie contently thinking all is well; but in truth there is more only they don't know it. In order for them to break the evil spell they must remember the truth. However, remember may cost them their natural life. One day, a young boy receives a book containing all the fairy tales and discovers the truth. He embarks on a journey outside of Storybrooke to find his natural mother who is one person that can free the captives of the evil magic. With childlike faith, courage and truth on his side, he goes about shedding light in the dark places.

I feel we like the people trapped in Storybrooke have forgotten our true identity, origins and purpose. We have been deceived into believing all is well and go about content to live the lie. It is until we encounter the redeemer, that we remember-the truth. When I say, "forget about it," I mean that literally. Forgot the things that bind you to the lie. Wake up from your slumber, open your spiritual eyes, ears and gain understanding of your true identity. You are not a human being having spiritual encounters. You are a spirit having a human experience. To break the cycle of generational curses over our lives and our loved ones' lives we have to present the body we live in as a living sacrifice. We have to be holy as our Heavenly Father  is HOLY!!!

Today's Scripture Reading Philippians 3

1 Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you. 2 Watch out for those dogs, those evildoers, those mutilators of the flesh. 3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh— 4 though I myself have reasons for such confidence. If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more: 5 circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in regard to the law, a Pharisee; 6 as for zeal, persecuting the church; as for righteousness based on the law, faultless.

7 But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ 9and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith. 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11 and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.

 12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. 16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

17 Join together in following my example, brothers and sisters, and just as you have us as a model, keep your eyes on those who live as we do. 18 For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.


No comments:

Post a Comment