Sunday, April 8, 2012

Revelation 1:1-8 "HE WENT WILLINGLY"

Prayer for Today
Father, I worship you and give YOUR Name the praise. For you alone are worthy of all the praise. I invite you to step in this place and take control. I submit to Your will, Your Word and Way. Holy Spirit direct my steps and guide me on my way. What is it that I can do for You, the Body of Christ and the Kingdom today.

Father You are Alpha and Omega beside you there is no other. While we reject you; Your only Son came and bore our transgressions, iniquities, the chastisement of our peace was upon and by His stripes we are heal. Jesus is the Resurrection. Thank you for revealing HE WENT WILLINGLY while we sought to live outside obedience, looked to other gods and would reject His grace at every turn, He went willingly to  redeem us from sin by becoming sin himself. O what love is this?

Today's Key to Walking in the Spirit 


Question: Will you go willingly?

Can you understand the power of will? This most powerful key for walking in the spirit is not to be taken lightly. There something so powerful in submitting to the plan, the Will of God. Understand you have free will to do, to be and exercise authority and live in dominion. Will is your mental faculty to deliberately choose or decide on a course of action. We exercise will with diligence, purposefulness and determination. Our will is our self; self control or self discipline (self-governing). It is your desire, purpose and determination as it relates to the authority God gave you, free discretion, inclination or pleasure. Humans/mankind has Free Will. Will you willingly submit even to death? 

Thought for Today

Yesterday, I cried as the Father spoke these three words to me "He went willingly." The gentle caress of those words quieted my troubled mind. As I thought on many things that perplexed me, obstacles in my way and conflicts that appeared; I could do nothing but shed many tears at those words "He went willingly." Those three simple words arrested me--humbled me. Because, I could see Jesus going willingly into service, taken on a job that He did not have to do; being rejected, despised and scorned. I sawJesus stepping in my mess, my sin, my pain, my suffering to get me out. Look, you know you and where you are...how you live. Jesus came to willingly into your mess and became a substitute to set you free. The reality is the world didn't reject Him, man did!  It is very simple your ways are not God's ways and your thoughts are not God thoughts. We all live in a perpetual state of let me do me. We have agendas, plans and ideologies that are as far removed from God as the east is from the west or as is the earth from the heavens. We want to serve if we can find a niche, a market an audience if you will but God forbid people to don't receive you and that you sell. Want friendships, to be acknowledged, and to be seen. But, when Jesus said, "I will go," He knew, he would be bruised, wound, and the chastening of our sins would be on Him. He knew he would get spat on, lie on, talked about and ultimately slain.  He knew he'd be rejected by the very folks He came for. But, He went willingly. So as I pondered the road ahead for me on this journey called life and as I attempted to put all the answers in perspective I heard, "He went willingly."  At that moment I worshiped the Father and the Son because suddenly all my worrying seemed so small. I recognized, I have been redeemed, reconciled and renewed. I am not alone in this journey. It is my battle any longer. All the hurt, pain; all the worry and perplexities are not mine to bear. It is done, finished because Jesus went willingly. The day I hardened not my heart, and heard the knock, I opened the door and received the invite to sup with HIM. I am not the same nor will I ever be. I decided to submit and obey; to follow wherever He leads. My life is not my own because I decided to go willingly; exchanging my will for the Will of the Father. Let me be clear, I know I have been called to service and serving in places where it is not pleasant. But, I am go willingly. 

Today's Scripture Reading Revelation 1:1-8 NIV
The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,  who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.  Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. John,To the seven churches in the province of Asia:Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.to him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,  and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen. “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him”; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”So shall it be! Amen. “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”






No comments:

Post a Comment